River Transport Logistics in Russia: Volga and Don Rivers
Direct INFO presents research on the Volga and Don River transport systems, used for dry goods, especially grain exports.
The Volga is the largest river in Europe, carrying about half of all river freight in Russia. The Don is the fourth largest river in Europe, connected to the Volga by the Volga–Don Shipping Canal, enabling shipments to navigate through the heartland of the European part of Russia to the Caspian Sea and the Sea of Azov, and thus the world's oceans.
If you want to know about Russian dry goods logistics, especially the economical river transport system, this report will be useful to you. As with all Russian internal infrastructure, this one requires investment. Foreign direct investments can generate a smart return for those who undertake due diligence and strategic planning.
======= INTRODUCTION =======Task of research
- Detailed study of current state and development prospects of river transport in Russia, including economical aspects of logistics of navigation on rivers.
- Russian river basins:
======= TABLE OF CONTENTS =======
- NAVIGATION ON VOLGA AND DON, ITS FEATURES AND PROBLEMS OF THE LAST YEARS
- LENGTH OF THE NAVIGATION PATH
- MOST SHIPPING ROUTES
- NECESSARY DEPTH
- NATURAL FEATURES OF THE RIVER PATH
- TRANSPORTATION GEOGRAPHY AND ITS FUTURE EXPANSION
- DETAILED INFORMATION ON MAIN RIVER PORTS
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- CARGO TONNAGE
- LEVEL OF TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT
- MAIN OPERATORS ON LOADING AND UNLOADING ACTIVITIES
- CURRENT STATE OF GRAIN TRANSPORTATION ON RIVERS
- STATISTICAL DATA ON PROCESSING OF GRAIN AND GRINDING PRODUCTS
- CAPACITIES OF GRAIN PROCESSING IN THE PORT OF ROSTOV-ON-DON
- CHARACTERISTIC OF DRY-CARGO SHIPS
- GENERAL INDICATORS OF THE RUSSIAN DRY-CARGO SHIP FLEET
- TYPES OF BARGES
- DEPRECIATION DEGREE
- OVERVIEW OF RIVER SHIPBUILDING
- CURRENT STATE DESCRIPTION
- COST OF NEW SHIP CONSTRUCTION
- MAIN DOMESTIC RUSSIAN PRODUCERS
- FREIGHT CHARGES AND PRICE COMPONENTS BY MAIN DIRECTIONS, INCLUDING CALCULATIONS BY TONE-KILOMETER. COMPARISON WITH COSTS OF TRANSPORTATION BY RAILROAD AND AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT FOR THE SAME DIRECTIONS
- RIVER TRANSPORT
- RAILWAY TRANSPORT
- AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT
- TOWING AND LOCKING: PRICE AND PRIME COSTS
- INCOMINGS AND EXPENDITURES OF INLAND WATERWAYS CARGO TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES
- APPROXIMATE PRICES ON TOWING
- APPROXIMATE PRICES ON LOCKING
- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS OF LOADING EQUIPMENT
- STATISTICAL DATA ON LOADING EQUIPMENT AND BERTHS AVAILABILITY
- STATISTICAL DATA ON TOTAL CAPACITY OF LOADING EQUIPMENT
- STATISTICAL DATA ON TOTAL LENGTH OF PORT TERMINALS (BERTHS)
- FLEET “RIVER-SEA” FLEET SIZE AND CURRENT STATE. CABOTAGE PROBLEMS (NATURAL, TECHNICAL, AND ECONOMICAL)
- “RIVER-SEA” FLEET SIZE, CURRENT STATE, OWNERS
- “RIVER-SEA” FLEET CABOTAGE PROBLEMS
- PROSPECT OF RIVER SHIPPING DEVELOPMENT AND FINANCING. CONCLUSIONS ABOUT CURRENT LEVEL OF MARKET DEVELOPMENT
- INLAND WATERWAY TRANSPORT – CARGO TRANSPORTATION
- CONCLUSIONS ABOUT CURRENT LEVEL OF MARKET DEVELOPMENT
Size of report:
Originally 57 pages long. Your update may vary in size as you select different report goals and methods.
To order this report including most recent data updated, add this to your cart and pay by bank transfer. The updated report will be provided to you as soon as possible.
Most clients will want to customize their reports to suit their specific needs in Russia. If this is you, please contact a Direct INFO representative for a quick response at email@example.com or at the Moscow office number.
We Also Recommend